Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Finn's Retro Family Wayback Machine, Circa 1974.

Finn and I just got some 35 year old slides scanned at North Coast Photographic Services in Carlsbad that my Mom was kind enough to share with us.  This is just one of the fabulous pictures that turned out:

It's pretty cool when you realize your parents were hotter, hipper, and had more style than you will ever have-even after 3 kids.  That's me in my Mom's arms (not to be confused with my big Sis...hey, it was 1974 in Marin County man, as if you couldn't tell by our sweet threads and moppy hair).  My Pop is looking smoking hot in that tight shirt, kind of like the funky trombone player in Sly & the Family Stone.  And my brother Bubby is pissed because all he got from the Tiburon Fire Department photo shoot was a little plastic fire helmet (and that he was probably missing an Oakland A's game).

Cheers to hot parents.  Hopefully I will turn into one some day.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Whatever! You and Mrs. Finn are the hottest Target popcorn eating vespa driving parents I know!!

Unknown said...

Trying to figure out who's more peeved to be there -- me or Elisabeth? And check out my gut. Looks like I just ate a basketball...

NathanStraub said...

now I see where you get the good looks and fashion sense. Your parents ARE hot. Wow. Man, how I miss the Bay Area Disco Hoe-Downs.